Missionary Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo - Scalabrinians

Contact

Contact-image
1414 North 37th Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160

Community Information

Provincial Superior:  Sr. Marissonia Daltoé, mscs

Vocation Director:  Sr. Catherine Petalcurin, mscs
Vocation Phone:  708-343-2162  

On October 25, 1895, the Missionary Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo (Scalabrinians) were founded by Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini in Piacenza, Italy.  The specific mission of the Congregation is evangelical and missionary service to the migrants and refugees, especially the poor and those in need.

The Congregation today, carries out the mission through Catechesis, Christian Education, Pastoral Care of the Sick, Social Work and Pastoral Care of Migrants.  Working in: Schools, Hospitals, Parishes, Orphanages, Prisons, Nursing Homes and Migration Centers, ect.

Today they are present in 26 countries: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Mozambique, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugual, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United States of America.

The Missionary Sisters find the inspiring strength of their missionary vocation of becoming migrant with the migrants in the Word of God and in the Eucharist, their source of communion with God and with the migrant sister and brother in the world of migration.  The age limit for those entering is 18 - 35, and a college or university degree is required.

 Back to All Member Communities >>