Congregation of Poor Clare Missionary Sisters was founded by the
Servant of God Mother Maria Ines Teresa Arias in Cuernavaca,
Mexico in 1945 and received pontifical approval in June 1951.
The charism of the congregation is missionary, and the spirit is
Eucharistic, priestly, and Marian, having as its base adherence
to the Divine Will, which is a fountain of joy.
Their charism is
centered in Jesus Christ in the Most Blessed Sacrament, the
guide, love and strength in their life of contemplation and
action. Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of their
congregation. Apostolates include missionary activities in
Christian and non-Christian countries, pastoral and catechetical
work, health care, education of children and young people,
retreat houses and boarding homes, and the formation and
promotion of lay missionary vanguards. They fulfill their
apostolic vocation in fourteen countries around the world