Missionary Sisters of Christ the King for Polonia
Main Number: 773-481-1831
4910 N. Menard Street
Chicago, IL 60630
Our Congregation arose from the spiritual and cultural needs of Polish Immigrants and was founded in 1959 by Father Ignacy Posadzy, a priest of the Society of Christ.
The call of every Missionary is to boundlessly love God’s meter among the Polish Immigrants and a longing to make a sacrifice of oneself with a joyful sacrifice of one’s strength, comfort and life for the benefit of Polish Immigrants. In a foreign country we want to strengthen other’s faith and build a piece of our beloved fatherland through spreading the knowledge of the Eucharist, teaching religion and cultivating Polish culture, tradition and language. We conduct choruses, dancing teams, children and youth theaters, scouts and other groups in parishes.
We embrace immigrants’ families, the elderly, sick and lonely people with love and care. We also serve in parish offices and kitchens. We work in eleven places in Poland and in 19 places outside our borders in England, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Canada, USA and Blears. In the USA and Canada, we work in Chicago, Illinois; Sterling Heights, Michigan; Los Angeles and San Jose, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. On November 24, 1996, on the Solemnity of Christ the King of the Universe, the Congregation of Consecrated Life Institutes issued an approval decree, which states that our Congregation has pontifical rights.
God blesses our Congregation by sending us new vocations and new proposals for apostolic places. At the present time, we have 187 professed members, 21 novices and 14 postulants. The formation house is located in Poznan, Poland, where girls who desire to actualize their vocation are coming to live.