Congregation of the Divine Spirit
Main Number: 330-453-8137
2812 Harvard Avenue, N.W.
Canton, Ohio 44709
The Congregation of the Divine Spirit was founded on the Feast of the Sacred Heart in 1956 in response to the Holy Father’s (Pope Pius XII) appeal that communities adapt themselves to the needs of the times. Women from approximately twenty-five to thirty States came together to be the pioneers in this American Foundation, a new facet of the Church. The late Archbishop John Mark Gannon was, in the providence of God, the founder, guide, and friend. The motto of the Community is “Semper et Ubique Caritas,” “Always and Everywhere Love.” It is the guide for service in order to harmonize the spirit and apostolate with the mind, heart, and spirit of the Magisterium. One of its primary purposes is ministry to the Christian family. The Community is engaged in elementary education in the Diocese of Erie. The Sisters were also in CCD ministry initially to prepare the laity for the programs in the parishes. The House of Loreto in the Youngstown Diocese is a facility for senior citizens under their administration.