Congregation of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Christ
Main Number: (815) 904-6413
Sr. Laurenti Okeke, IHM
1209 South Walnut Avenue
Freeport, IL 61032
The IHM Sisters is an institute of pontifical right with headquarters in Nigeria, and a North American Regional House located in Freeport, Illinois. The Institute was founded in 1937 by Bishop Charles Heerey, CSSp to respond to the mission of the Church by empowering women and children and upholding family values. The religious community obtained papal statutes in 1973 as a missionary institute, whose members strive to imitate Christ’s humble and compassionate service to humanity.
In keeping with its missionary nature, members minister in many countries: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cameroun, T-Chad, Italy, England, Scotland, London, Ireland, Germany, Canada, and in eleven U.S. states.