Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
Main Number: 814-886-4223
Sr. Angela Marie Igou, S.S.C.J.
866 Cambria Street
Cresson, PA 16630
The Congregation of Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, founded in 1894 in Krakow, Poland by St. Joseph Sebastian Pelczar and Blessed Klara Szczesna, is a pontifical, contemplative-active, Franciscan congregation devoted to extending the Kingdom of Love of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus by prayer and reparation, common life and works of mercy such as teaching and catechesis, nursing and personal care, parish work, retreat ministry, and youth and missionary work.
As the visible sign of their religious consecration, the sisters wear a full habit with scapular and veil, rosary, Franciscan cord, crucifix, and ring. They serve internationally in Poland, the United States, Italy, France, the Ukraine, Bolivia, Argentina, and Jamaica, West Indies.
A woman between the ages of 18 and 30 who possesses good physical and mental health and who desires to give herself totally to God, may seek admission to the congregation.