Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration
Main Number: 574-259-5427
Sister M. Ignatia Henneberry, O.S.F.
P.O. Box 766
1515 W. Dragoon Trail
Mishawaka, IN 46546
Blessed Mother Maria Theresia Bonzel founded our congregation in Olpe, Germany, in 1863. From the very day the community was founded, Mother established perpetual adoration in the local convent chapel. The files of her beatification attest to the love and strength she found therein: “She had grown under the soft light of the Eucharistic sun. Again and again she went to the hidden God to find light, courage and strength. The Eucharistic Lord must be discovered by us anew and must be proclaimed as an enabler of selfless love.”
Flowing from prayer, Mother Maria Theresia put herself and the sisters at the service of children, the sick, and the poor. For over 150 years, the sisters have remained faithful to their charism of perpetual adoration as well as the active apostolates of healthcare and education. Currently the sisters serve primarily in schools and hospitals in Indiana and south suburban Chicago.
Catholic women between the ages of 18 and 35 may contact the Vocation Director for more information.